Cedar Mill League
RevAmped Robotics is proud to host the Cedar Mill League for the second year!
Hope you all have a fun and successful season!
- League Meet 0 – Saturday, October 26, 2019. 1pm – 5pm. Check-in 12:45pm
- League Meet 1 – Saturday, Nov 9, 2019. 1pm – 5pm. Check-in 12:45pm
- League Meet 2 – Saturday, Nov 23, 2019. 1pm – 5pm. Check-in 12:45pm
- League Meet 3 – Saturday, Dec 14, 2019. 1pm – 5pm. Check-in 12:45pm
Christ United Methodist Church
12755 NW Dogwood St,
Portland, OR 97229 – Map
Plenty of onsite / street parking. Main entrance at back of building
Some Notes from League Manager
- Many lost and found items. Please pick them up from check-in desk
- Remind teams that app versions (RC and DS) must match. Latest app version – 5.3
- Inter-League Qualifying Tournament – Jan 11th, Saturday @ Hillsboro High. Plan for long day – 7:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Judging practice – if any team wants to have one during LM3, let League Manager know
What to Bring
Teams MUST bring PRINTED copies of the following items to all four FTC League Meets. Teams will provide these items at team check-in.
- Official Team Roster printed from the coaches FIRST Dashboard
- Completed Consent and Release Form for each student or mentor who has not completed the consent forms electronically (prefer electronic – let’s save some portion of a tree)
Other Items (Please label anything you bring so that it is more likely to make it home with you after the event)
- Safety Glasses
- Alliance markers (Game Manual 1, section 7, RG06) – making special note of this since it is new this year and we don’t want a team to miss it
- Capstone (Game Manual 1, section 7.4)
- Batteries for the robot and their chargers
- Driver Station and Robot Controller and corresponding charging units
- Laptop for programming
- Spare parts/tools to make minor repairs to your robot if required
- Safety Glasses (already mentioned? Well, quite important – please don’t forget)
League Meet 0
More of a scrimmage. Match results won’t count. Intent to get teams used to the inspection process, play a few matches, learn from each other and get going.
League Meet 1 – 3
Will be conducted as standard league play meets, with inspection and five matches for every team. Best 10 matches will count towards your league ranking. There will be no judging or awards.
Robot/ Field Inspection
- All robots will go through a full inspection, just like you would at the State Championship.
- Do a self-inspect at your garage using the robot and field checklist available on the FIRST website. It helps speed up the process and you will know what to expect
- We are going digital – no paper copies of checklist will be available. Bring your’ s so inspector can make any comments / notes for you if required
- DS and RC app versions must match (Game Manual 1, section 7.3.4, RS06). Current version is 5.3
Alliance Flag / Markers
The rules have changed this year around the alliance flag – there isn’t one and instead every team is expected to provide their own Alliance Markers – please read about the requirements for these in Game Manual 1 (section 7.3.1, RG06).
Alliance markers will be inspected during robot inspection.
Since there are very few electrical outlets in our facility, there won’t be power run to your Pit Table. Instead, there will be two charging stations where you will bring your batteries and a power strip for charging. Please make sure your items are labeled.
Couple of rules around food:
- The ENTIRE campus of Christ UMC is PEANUT FREE
- Water is fine, but no food or drink in the memorial hall (where the meet will occur). Grabbing a snack in the lobby area is fine (but remember, PEANUT FREE)
A big thank you to all our volunteers. Events are only possible because of them!
We are always looking for Referee/s. Referee’s cannot be affiliated with any FTC team
- All updates communicated using a league distribution list
- Question that benefits whole league – email distribution
- Individual question or concern, or want to add another member to distribution list, email Nagesh
Mentor – Team 12808, RevAmped Robotics
Mentor – Team 12808, RevAmped Robotics
Coach – Team 12808, RevAmped Robotics
Coach – Team 12599, Overcharged