We took up the Robot in 30 Hours challenge right after 2018-19 season game was revealed at the FTC kickoff on Sept. 8, 2018.
This season’s game is called Rover Ruckus. In this challenge, our robot has to explore the uncharted planets and collect silver and gold minerals at the core. The individual tasks include Landing, Sampling, Claiming Zones, Collecting and Depositing minerals, Latching and Parking in designated spaces on the field.
2018-2019 - ROVER RUCKUS
Robot in 30 hours
- Gold Mineral in Gold Cargo Hold
- Silver Mineral in Silver Cargo Hold
- Robots Latched
- Robots Parked In Crater
Ri30H was a challenge in which we designed, built, and programmed a robot for Rover Ruckus, all in a span of 30 Hours.
After studying the bot and learning from it’s weaknesses, we are ready to fine tune our designs and come out even stronger!
2017-18 Relic Recovery
- 10 second relic
- 9 second Cycle Time
- 3 second field traversal
- 2 second auto balance
- 1 second Jewel knocker
- 638 points!
King Cobra's Key Features
- Grab relic by base –single axis of motion
- Claw design allows relic to “slide” onto mat before depos-iting – consistently upright
- Self-correcting mechanismthe other end
- 12—14 Glyphs, both positions
Consistent 2 upright rel-ics, zone 3, <30 seconds
- Continuous Intake
- Spring Loaded Wheels & Asymmetrical Pusher Door Collects glyphs at all angles
- Collection from one end & Delivery from the other end
12—14 Glyphs, both positions
- Blockers prevent jewel from rolling into Cryptobox
- Combination of Color sensor and OpenCV allow for quick jewel detection
Mecanum Drive w/ Traction Wheel
- 2:1 ratio for fast traversal
- Raised traction wheels give additional grip on balancing stone
King Cobra's Capabilities
2 Relics (Zone 3), Upright;
Near or Far
West Super Regional
2nd overall coming into the Houston Championship!